Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dots Nostalgia

SOLD
I'm pre-posting this as I will be on the road all day tomorrow. 

Another piece of the autobiography gets cemented in place with this piece. Yes, I have a sweet tooth! (This is just in case you missed that fact from the other candy paintings in this Painting a Day project.) Who didn't love these as a kid?

It strikes me that this is another case of the scan method not doing the painting justice. The scanner seems to have a real problem with the darkest darks, which, of course, make up the background here. It looks very choppy and a little unpleasant. In reality it is much deeper and more refined. Maybe I'll try photographing it and post the 2 together so the difference can be seen. Except for areas  that are large and dark in certain images, I have felt that through scanning and adjustment, I could get closer to the original than a photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment