Sunday, December 12, 2010

Got Rocks

 SOLD
I am a (very) amateur rockhound and love going to sites in my rockhound guidebooks when we are traveling. Mostly I find prairie and bubble gum agates, but what I really love about the experience is that it takes us WAY off the beaten tourist track. I absolutely love that. This country is amazing and beautiful in so many different ways. It's a shame that more people don't step outside of their comfort zones of where they live or get away from the known touristed areas, but on the other hand, I'm glad they don't, because these places wouldn't be so wild and beautiful if they were filled with people! 

Anyway, my husband gave me a rock tumbler for Christmas so I could polish up my finds. I have pretty little bits all over the house, even in the fish tank! Several of these square glass jars that used to have scented candles in them line my windowsill filled with stones. I love to look at their variety of color and pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment