Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Village House I

 SOLD
I have a small set of these Christmas village houses, each complete with its own landscaped yard. They were made by my Uncle John Nelson, probably back in the 50s. There are little cutouts at the back so that you can poke a bulb from your string of lights inside and it will light up the windows. He used to sell them at his own church fair, and because he was married to my grandmother's sister, he also sold them at my grandmother's church (Grace Episcopal) here on City Island. I often wonder how many survived and are still going under the tree or on mantles every year. I cherish them!

I am very pleased with the sense of the glowing light and the irridescent "snow" glitter on the house in this painting. 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment