Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Leslie Swanson, Bronx Opera Company

SOLD
Leslie is a soprano with the Bronx Opera Company. The BOC folks come and sing for my Rotary Club each year around the holidays. I have to admit something. I thought I didn't like opera. OK, put a black mark on my brow, or a scarlet P for Phillestine on my clothing, but that is the truth. Then I joined Rotary and went to the holiday party and heard BOC. Leslie brought tears to my eyes. Then, Paul Potts' triumph was the clincher. I watched the YouTube video over and over. He rocked Nessum Dorma! He came onstage as Clark Kent and left it as Superman.

Anyway, I love the backlighting on Leslie's curly hair in this painting.

1 comment:

  1. Gabrielle Pierce, Delaware County HistorianNovember 10, 2011 at 10:58 AM

    Leslie is a warm & wonderful person!!

    ReplyDelete